God gave Moses the Ten Laws (or Commandments) on Mt. Sinai.
These are the Ten Commandments as they appear in the King James Version
of the Bible: 1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet.
While Moses was gone on the mountain, Aaron gathered the people's gold and made an idol shaped like a calf. When Moses saw what they had done, he crushed the golden calf into powder and poured it into the water. Moses made the people drink the water.